Thursday, January 28, 2010

First post from Office!!

Hey fellas, this is like my first post sitting at my new office. I am in the business development team working to get Business for the company and keep it going. It feels great to know that your business can let the company move on, though I haven't started my work yet and all that am doing as of now is going through our products and also chumma whiling away time with those regular coffee and chit chatting(am the only guy doing nothing out here as of now). We are a team of 6 as of now, I joined on 26th January(if you are wondering why on Republic day, my shift is from 6 to 3am and I follow American holidays now:D). And if you ask me what difference is there between a BPO and my BD team, we are a b2b team who try to bring direct business unlike the BPO.

Its super boring for me to just sit idle and do nothing in particular. My team leader Kk told me that I can start my work by next week and that I will get trained before that. And my colleague Pavan said he will help me on how to do some online research on the colleges and stuffs like that which is part of my job. So in a way am happy working here. The only disadvantage that we guys out here have is that we need to come by ourselves and there is not cab, but thanks for my Pappa and my bike I got no problems in coming in bike and Pavan stays close to my house so we planned to use one of our bikes a day to save some fuel as well. Then comes the dinner, we need to have the dinner from the food world out here and its kinda nice.

Kk is in a team building process and hence I feel I can grow with this company atleast till I take up my MBA and this can become an added advantage for my MBA. This can definitely be a good platform to learn a lot of things in sales and it would help me when I start my own venture. Let me see how things work out over here. Wish me all the very best. :)

And you should be at the entrance of the Tidel park main building to enjoy the windy nights. Seriously, its super windy as good as the beach wala. And super refreshing, however sleepy you are it can just boost you up so easily. I have decided that I don't try smoking in the night to keep myself nocturnal cause I feel that habit can get on top of me and I end up being a chain smoker atleast in the night. And believe me its good to not smoke and work(not that I have tried smoking when working chumma :P). Presently I need to work on a software called proretension and it is used to decrease the number student drop-outs happening in universities in US. This software is used to bridge the gap that exists between Universities and students and bring the Universities closer to the students mentally. I appreciate the concept and the way they have brought out this business. As of now my company is mostly dealing with educational products but out technical team is working on few other domains as well and products are in the pipeline.

3 Thoughts:

The Holy Lama said...

Wish you luck in the days ahead. Business Development sure is a difficult task.

My life is my lesson! said...

thanks lama..

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

wish you all the best!

Post a Comment