Sunday, January 24, 2010

Turning 21.. post 4!! :)

Chinmaya life was a memorable life. Good enough with loads of happenings and stuffs lol. And when I was in Chinmaya was that my Grandfather died, he was someone who loved me more than anyone else in the whole world and he died. It came as a shock for many cause he was just 56 when he died and he was a heart patient. He was the pillar of my moms family. No one could really take it when he died. But i guess I was too young to feel his loss. I was in 5th Std and though I did love him I could never cry when he died. I never knew what death was like but for the loss of the one whom we loved. I called him Mani Muttacha(grandpa), he was a hardworking person, God fearing and demanded respect. Everyone in the small town of Gudalur knew him. I have seen him get up early by 4.30 in that super cold weather and go for work to Conoor which was 3 hours of travel from Gudalur, you wont believe not everyone can do that. I dedicate this post for my Muttacha, and I did love you Muttacha but I later realized that I can never cry and we do miss you.

I spent my 5th Std vacation at Gudalur with Grandma and uncles. Ravi mama and Manikanda mama were not settled when Muttacha left them. I went back in the taxi that had come to drop Mummy back to Nemmara. I did wonder why Mummy kept crying all the time those days, later I realized that it was her love for her dad. I don't remember too many things about that vacation, obviously I was missing Muttacha and his love and pampering. I was missing those days in which he would comb my hair in the least modern way and I would tell him that I don't like that hair style. I missed his tea(vettiyal muriyatha chaya means tea that doesn't get cut). If at all anyone shouted at me he would warn them and ask them not to shout at me. He was a great man. And this was a funny incident. One day when Muttacha and Muthi(grandma) was sleeping, Muthi got hold of Muttachas neck and started shouting Kallan Kallan(thief thief) it seems. And Muttacha had a hard time waking her up and made her realize that she was actually dreaming at his cost.

I went back to Nemmara after the vacations and that was when Pappa got the well deserved promotion and also the transfer. We had to leave for Trivandrum, mummy wanted a change and the change had come. So we all left for Trivandrum. It was one of the most excited journey for me and Rakesh. Pappa and Mummy had been there last vacations leaving me and Rakesh at Gudalur hehe. :). I have written about my journey to Trivandrum, check it out :).

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment