Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The unexpected workshop.. :)

Off late life has been kinda good. Not many things to do, I quit the BD team as well :(. I miss it, seriously. It was so much different from my usual life but I couldn't continue the work. I stopped working on events as well. I just wanted to enjoy the life of a student thinking of studies and future all the time. It's fun, believe me. Don't really know how I manage to spend all these lonely hours at home doing nothing still its like a different life. Things have been good. The last major event i did was for NIIT and God it was an experience for me personally. And why I resigned my job? Well I felt that I wasn't spending much time with the family especially couldn't make it for the dinner with Pappa,Mummy and Rakesh and so Pappa wasn't that happy. I would most probably be with them for another couple of months(after that I will have to search for my next destination) and the best thing I could do is to keep them happy. Now back to the NIIT activity.

I had to do the NIIT Edgineers activity in some 10 colleges but I managed to do it only in 3 colleges, not really my mistake certain colleges were not ready to let us disturb their already kinda tight schedule. And this happened couple of weeks back, my friend Naren and Rakesh coordinated the activity in 2 colleges since I had college that day. Then on a Saturday we had to do the same activity in another college, pretty good one. And all engineering colleges. So since I was free that day I went for the coordination stuffs that day. The flow of the activity was like there would be an emcee playing some interactive games with the students and then there would be this NIIT guy who conducts an hour long workshop on Open source technology.

On that particular day the activity was suppose to happen at about 11 in the morning and get over by 2. So we reached there and got all the set up ready. It all went fine and then the emcee started her work. I really thought that she was a good emcee before the event started but as it got progressed I blamed myself for having brought such a useless emcee for it. She had absolutely no energy in whatever she did though the students were kinda enjoying the rare freedom they got in colleges like these. And we were waiting for the NIIT guy to come and do his part once the games were over. But the NIIT guy never turned up(God knows why), and being the coordinator I had to do something about the workshop cause the HOD of CSE in that college kept asking us about the seminar.

Helwin and Naren were also there along with the that day for the activity and they asked me to take the seminar. I was having no other better option than do it myself. I gave it a shot, infront of 150 odd students and staff members in a reputed engineering college I was suppose to take a seminar on Open source technologies and also Cloud Computing. I started and believe me it went good. I used all the knowledge I had on open source technology and got some inputs from the students out there who were familiar with the technology and just kept talking about it. I was surprised I could do it, I didn't stammer much either and it all went smooth. After explaining I just interacted with the students to clarify their doubts on the technology. And few of them did come up with doubts and even the staff members had doubts, I could manage to clear them as well and no I wasn't blabbering some shit, it made sense. Thanks to my project on cloud computing without which I would have found it difficult.

And the students really did enjoy the session. They were patient and ready to listen. At the end of the session the HOD wanted to ask a doubt and all of us were worried as to how I would manage that, but thankfully his doubt was again on the lines of cloud computing and I could give him a perfect answer. At the end of the day it all went good. Thank God. :)


2 Thoughts:

MadhuMash said...

Hi..

Hope you remember me. long days had passed visiting blogs. so what's the next move in your life. ping me ur name too.

My life is my lesson! said...

@Madhu...
Yeah I very much remember you Madhu. How is life and whats happening? And great to know that you got married to your love. May God bless you both :)
I am Rahul, Madhu..

Post a Comment