Sunday, October 5, 2008

Too(two) many murders in a row...

Well murder  seems to be a really strong word,but i can't stop myself from saying that.I killed my time,money,petrol,sleep and what not.Bull shit.

I am talking about the last 2 movies i went for.

The 1st one was an encounter i had last sunday,a movie called Sakkarakatti(tamil).The worst thing was that i went and booked the tickets in advance for that killer.Myself and Deepak have been planning to go for a movie for a longtime,i hadn't met him since his return from the voyage and so i thought i would take him for a nice movie, despite mummy's warning i took a risk with a faint belief that the movie is good.Well the songs were composed by A.R.Rehman, and even the hoardings of the movie was full of his pictures, i had to guess that the only good thing with the movie was the music.My mistake.The first scene of the movie revealed its quality and i was like, Deepak lets hope for the best.Deepak as always with his delicate smile replied saying its just fine with him and all he wanted to was spend sometime with me after a longtime, so nice of him.All that the movie had was some great graphics in the song sequences which made no sense at all.I pity the producer and wonder what would have made him spend so much of money with 100% risk.

Well if going for Sakkarakatti seems to be the height of stupidity,well did i tell you about the other encounter.You will definitely pity me,am sure.

It happened yesterday night(saturday),at around 8.45 Pm i was feeling very much bored staying home and told Rakesh that we will go for a movie.He knew i was talking of going for Drona,i had no clue of the movie till then except that we downloaded the song and it sounded nice.He also agreed, seems he heard from someone that the movie is good(am waiting to meet the fellow who said that).So we let off for the movie, saturday night seems to be a nice time to ride in Chennai roads, not much traffic.We reached and got the tickets.Well the crowd(comparatively lesser) and the availability of the tickets meant something fishy, i just hoped for the best.And the best it was, the introductory song which transforms the kiddo to the all big Abhishek Bachan said it all.I said to myself "Abhishek, why me again???" and looked at Rakesh's face, having a good chemistry we knew what was in stake for us.I really don't know how i spend my time in there.I didn't let Rakesh sleep, his eyes were badly trying to hug each other, and i was busy patting his cheeks to let him off sleep.

We gazed around to see if people are really watching the movie, the guy near us was busy messaging someone(gotta be his girl friend i told Rakesh).I found the entire movie to be a great comedy in itself, Priyanka wasn't that sexy either, she was busy running behind Abhishek for his safety and trying to protect him.Every meaningless scene(there were many i didn't bother counting) made both of us look at each other.We were waiting anxiously for the interval and finally after more than an hour long waiting the bell rung. He slept till the movie started again, he knew that i wouldn't let him sleep after that.The comedy continued, i suppose the movie had to come some 15 years ago, i would have been a 5 year old and Rakesh just 2, we would have enjoyed the movie then.Am sure. Oh, and finally it got over, i should have left earlier but we were waiting for the title song to be played, it so happened that that song was played after the movie got over. Prodigious movie.

Going back home in the wee hours is always fun, not anyone in the roads and i had the liberty to go the way i wanted, Rakesh was half asleep.We got caught by the police, he wanted to see my license(i had mine,even rakesh is using my license,so we had 2 copies :) ), too many bomb threats, and the people who suffer the most are the poor policemen. I pity them. Reaching home, the first thing he did was hit the bed.And i just followed.

(PS:-I am a happier blogger, for the 1st time Rakesh read my blog, he was right behind me when i was editing this.And for those of you who are planning to go for this movie, please don't.)

2 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Cool post... You should have read the reviews before wasting so much money on petrol, tickets, interval snacks, besides other things...

And by the way, when are your exams starting? ;-)

My life is my lesson! said...

lol... ;)...this was a lesson,next time on i will make it a point to read the reviews.

And my exams are starting in the first week of november...
Thanks for taking time to read the posts... :)

Post a Comment