Friday, October 17, 2008

Big Bang(BANG BANG!!!)

My mom has almost finished her driving course and is due to take the driving test by this month end. So these days myself and pappa have started taking mummy out for driving every night, it is always fun to teach something to our parents right??? I had the same fun then. I was trying to be the most calm child by trying not to scold her on her mistakes but at times i lost my temper and she was like "Please don't shout, i will not repeat it"(in malayalam it would sound more rhythmical) and i responded with a grin and be all the more polite.

I could then recall my childhood when mummy used to sit alongside me and teach me, and like every other child even i was least interested in studying and i would look out for every opportunity to escape from the clutches of my text books and throw myself into some outdoor games or go to the nearby ground and accompany the guys out there. And mummy chasing me, good old days.

The above post was written yesterday(17/10/08) evening and the section below is being written today(18/10/08) after an incident that happened yesterday night.Here it is, 

So i was all the more curious to take my mom out for driving late night as usual though Pappa asked me not to i managed to get his permission for Mummy's sake, just to make sure that she doesn't end up forgetting whatever she had studied and as usual we set-off for driving,  we went to my same destination and everything was going quite smooth, i drove till i reached the place and from there on Mummy wore the drivers shoe, she started off well for an amateur, drove quite a distance and then we had to take a U-turn, i entrusted the responsibility to Mummy and asked her to take the turn, she turned the steering, put the first gear, slowly leaving the clutch and JAMMED the accelerator, with me asking her to apply the brake, i was like "Mummy, take your leg from accelerator and press the brake(n number of times),Mummy,mummy,mumm.....BANG"... :) 

We(she) went and banged on a concrete wall, and the police came running and shouting at me, i was looking at Mummy and she was looking at me as if she has no clue of what had happened and as if nothing had really happened, she took some time to realize that she went and banged the car on a concrete wall, thankfully it(the wall) was strong enough to endure such a strong blow(BANG), i got down and examined the car just to find that the bumper was bumped mercilessly,then i took the drivers seat, Mummy sitting next to me with the innocence of not having done anything wrong, but nervous and thinking about what Pappa would have in stake for us. The best thing is that i took her to one of the most protected areas of Chennai, near the C.M's residence, flooded with policemen, we were lucky to escape from their hands i should say.

Finally managed to reach home, anyways it was a nice experience. But the mistake was all mine, i had forgotten that there is something called the hand-brake that could have been used, and i shouldn't have chosen a place with so much of policemen. But good that we didn't knock down a passer-by or another car, it would have been disastrous. And Mummy learned what a clutch,brake and accelerator is and their respective positions as well.

4 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

It is always nice to teach your parents something. But I never found the time nor the patience to teach my mom anything. She used to ask me how to send an sms, how to create a power point presentation, how to pay her bills online and a zillion other questions... I now feel that I was so rude for the way I used to mock at her for not knowing such basic things.

Then one fine day, I saw a presentation on my desktop - a presentation that I did not create. I asked my sister if she did it, to which she replied in negative. It was names "sandhya.ppt". I opened it and found that it was made by my mom - a presentation about me... One with my picture and all object animation and stuff... It was really good. In it, my mom went on say how much she loved me and my sis and so on... I had tears in my eyes when I read that and almost immediately I felt GUILTY for not teaching her that.

From then on, she has learnt (all by herself) to send sms, pay all her bills online, send out e-mails, chat and a lotta other things. She had the interest and the patience to research with the things!

I am sure my mom is not going to read this comment, but I'd just like to tell her, "I love you, mom!!!"

Nice post Rahul... You brought back so many memories of my days at my home...

My life is my lesson! said...

Thanks a lot Sandy, i am thanking you quite a lot lol :)
And its a pleasure to know that my post reminded you of those good days, and your mom definitely knows how much you love her.

Reflections said...

Hehe this post took me back 16 yrs back when my mom & I went for driving classes together. By the end of the 7th class I passed my test & my remaining 3 classes were donated to my mom. Inspite of the extra training she failed & never attempted again:-).
Good post!!!! Ur character shines thru:-).

My life is my lesson! said...

@Reflections
It really feels great when my post brings those sweet memories back to you.
But didn't you try motivating your mom?
Thanks a ton for going through my blog and taking your time to comment, its encouraging.

Post a Comment