Monday, November 2, 2009

What do i do next??

Hey guys am back after a great break. Hope all of you are doing really great. :)

What do i blog about today? Well, not the continuation of my earlier post anyway its just a sort of confusion on what i should do next.
I am into my final year of engineering(Yipeeee!!!), 3 years went so fast and now just another year to go. I wonder what i should do next, i got this inclination towards finance and the working of money which urges me to to my MBA in finance from one of the top colleges(if at all i get into :)) and yeah i am working on CAT(Common Admission Test) to get into the premier B-schools in our country, but these days i have developed an affinity towards the latest technologies that have been developed in computer science and related fields. This is what confuses me the most, right from the day when my staff members started warning us about the final year projects we are suppose to submit next semester i have been thinking and thinking about what i should go for next?

The problem is in here, if i were to do a good project all by myself and not going to any of these so called project-centers i will have to start working on my computational skills, all those programming concepts in Java and php and python and perl and what not!!! No am not proud to say that am bad when it comes to programming really bad!! :(. Its not only me actually, if i were to go statistically then only 8% (approx.) of the engineering graduates are eligible to be (quality)engineers with the skills they possess. I am among the rest 92% of them who are not suppose to complain of not getting a job just because i haven't put to use these 3 years of my life, so its high time i start and try getting into that elite crew of nearly 2% who understand that they are no where and so in a hurry to put to use these final 6-8 months of our so called college life to best effect and learn some computational skills and get some value for our money.

And what project do i do is the next question..
I got the answer, i searched here and there and found out that cloud computing is the next generation computing environment and so i should probably work on that. I know the word sounds so familiar for most of us , its a cloud and computing but not all of us know the meaning lol. Even i didn't know about it the first time i heard the term, i had to google it. Thanks to Sergy Brin and Larry Page, if not for google i wouldn't be doing any of these.

But now i find that the topic that i want to work on in cloud computing is way beyond an engineering project and is something like a doctorate topic, and i am not ready to spent 4-5 years of my life getting a doctorate and working on all that. So for now i have decided that i would go to some bloody project centers and do some useless work and all that the project can do is to get me a decent percentage and add to my already not-that-decent-aggregate. I am so damn confused and confused to the core. I have decided to stick to my ambitions of doing my MBA and then being an entrepreneur, now here again i got problems lol.

I am writing my CAT and XAT this year, my preparations were going good till i guess September and it took a U-turn then. Since then i have not been preparing that good nor have been attending the classes properly. So i had to keep my Plan B that was to give my best shot at these exams this year and if i don't get into the premier institutes i will work on it again for another year and give a better shot in fact my final try at it.

What would i do after my final year till the next MBA admission was the next question in front of me, for this i have a good solution thanks to all the parttime jobs and man power that i have been doing i am confident that i can earn some good money and also get some contacts during that phase and also sharpen my English skills by joining the British Council English Classes and also explore North India and also meet all my friends :). But here the problem is that Pappa and Mummy wants me to go abroad and study and also work somewhere there which am least interested in doing. Mummy still says that my astrologer predicted that i would go abroad and study duh, i clearly say a NO for this.

On top of all this my 7th semester exams are starting this Friday i.e Nov 6th and am zero in all the subjects. This time around i have got lesser marks in all my internals and also in one of the practicals as well and so to maintain that not-so-decent-percentage i think i need to strive a little harder and am not up for this. I am so damn lethargic that i wasted more that 3 weeks of my study holidays doing things that never helped me. :(. Am such a dumb ass.. :(

On a whole the most confusing post in my 2 long years of blogging i guess. I think this phase is something that most people go through these days but i am just not able to digest the fact that things are not just happening at this point of time. Lets see. Pray for all of us who are confused and in their final years. :)

5 Thoughts:

★ Shine said...

Don't be confused, even you don't realize how fast answers are coming up! All the best man!

(By the way, Cloud computing may not take over in near future, I guess. B'coz of the "not stable" networks yet!)

My life is my lesson! said...

@ Shine

Hi Brother,

Thanks for the comment, i have been checking out the blog ever since i posted it to see if i got any souls passing by my blog and also checking if i got any comments. :). Yeah even i have decided to take it the way you said just let the answers show up when they feel its the best time to. Let us see. :)
The stability of the networks and the security issues are the 2 serious issues in cloud computing, i thought of addressing the latter problem but that seemed far out of my reach at this point of time when am not ready to dedicate my heart and soul for it. :).

Thanks Brother!

Unknown said...

Oh my God... You ARE confused.
Don't worry, a lot of us have been there. Just relax.
I know I am nobody to ask anyone not to be confused (and I know you can't agree more), but still, just don't think too much.
Right now, concentrate on your semester exams and then CAT and then final year project. Just learn to manage your time and stick to your time-table and do one thing at a time and you can achieve everything easily.

Cheers!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, you ARE confused.
I know I am nobody to ask you not to be confused or take it easy (and I know you can't agree more with me).
Just make a time-table for yourself, take one thing at a time and concentrate on that. You should be able to achieve everything.

Cheers!!! :-)

My life is my lesson! said...

@Sandy

Thanks Sandy. Now am kinda concentrating in my exams the problem is that my mind is so much diverted and one thing or the other always comes up. lol.. :)..

Post a Comment