Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Special Fever!!!

"Special Fever" i know sounds aberrant, fever seldom is special especially when its just before the day of your all the more important semester exams and it doesn't leave you even on the day of your exam. It is a horrible experience, it was the same for me but then again this time around my fever was special. (I change my stands in the next paragraph)

In an ironical way if i say, fever during exams itself is special. For those studious guys it leaves them thwarted, for the bindaas wala guys it doesn't matter but just another excuse and explanation why they didn't pass this time around, and for people like me who are not among both these categories it would be great to see myself passing the paper and anything extra would be a bonus (Under Anna University passing is never a big deal, but we have made it all the more complicated and say to ourselves that passing is laborious undertaking). And i managed to do the exam pretty well, yes i will surely pass :).

Now the real reason why the fever was special, i am not a regularly-feverous guy. I don't even remember last time i got a fever(come'on not because i have a bad memory, just that it was a longtime since it happened). So this time i wanted mummy to do this for me, i was like mummy it would be really great if you could wet a piece of cloth and keep it on my forehead, its a long term wish and please do it for me. Mummy was telling rakesh, i think your brother has turned mad, he is not letting us take him to a doctor(yeah, at 20 you go to a doctor only if you want and no one can take you like it used to be the case a decade ago,and no i wasn't scared of injection) and he wants me to do this wet-cloth-on-forehead mechanism which will seldom work out. But my dear Mummy, she did it for me, and believe me it is a temporary relief, for me it definitely was.

And yesterday i managed to go to a doctor, i don't like to go to doctors, if you ask me for the reason, well i don't really know. But yesterday i felt the need to go to the doctor, i was really tired that i couldn't even walk properly, am not used to staying at a single place for a longtime and it was irritating me to the core, the most illogical dreams(you get logical dreams only when you get nice sleep, or else the dreams turn illogical) made my sleep all the more no-sleep business. He gave me an injection, and 2 tablets as well. The injection made me dizzy and almost unconscious for sometime everything turned dark for a while and rakesh who had accompanied me to the doctor went to get the tablets from the pharmacy. I got a support and closed my eyes for a while, it took sometime for me to get things back to place, and rakesh got back by then and i managed to reach home. The injection was so powerful that in 5 mins my fever was almost gone(the doctor whom i consulted is very famous for giving injections whatever your problem be).


6 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh exam fever, huh? You are indeed lucky to be with your parents and enjoy the comforts that your mom makes sure you get, specially when you are unwell... And I really hope you get well soon.
By the way, you remind me of myself during my college days when I used to roam around, catch up a movie, chat with friends, in short do everything other than studying while my exams are on!!! ;-)

My life is my lesson! said...

come'on Sandy you cant call it exam fever!!!exam fever is for people who get scared of exams but am no way in that league, its just another fever but during my exam days. And am very much lucky to be with my parents. Am completely fine now. Thanks for your concern.
College is meant to enjoy, it is the final phase of coming in terms with real life outside which can make us busy. I make it a point to enjoy every moment of these 4 years. :)

Ikshaa said...

Hi jus while reading ur post,I remember when once I got fever during the semester.My friends were there who helped me out as I was in hostel..and when got my marks managed to scrape through the border line :)

My life is my lesson! said...

@Ikshaa
Thanks for taking your time to read my blog, yeah the smiley that you have put by the end says it all and i just hope even i have the same feeling when my results come Ikshaa. lol.
I am happy that my post just reminded you of that moment, especially the final few seconds that you had waited before knowing your result. :)

Ikshaa said...

Ya those few seconds before knowing my result was really so tense...was praying like never before.And yeah a HAPPY ENDING:)
And hoping your result will be much better than mine,above border line.lol:)

My life is my lesson! said...

@Ikshaa

Was praying like never before?? lol :P
Even i will try praying like never before in those final moments before the results come out, lets see if that trick works out. :)
I will let you know if this works out or not.
Cheers!

Post a Comment